By Thomas Leitch,Leland Poague
- Contains thirty chapters by way of the prime Hitchcock scholars
- Covers his lengthy occupation, from his earliest contributions to different administrators’ silent movies to his final uncompleted final film
- Details the iconic legacy he left to filmmakers and audiences alike
Read Online or Download A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar film & video art books
The genuine tale of the yankee West on movie, via its taking pictures stars and the administrators who shot them…Howard Hughes explores the Western, working from John Ford’s 'Stagecoach' to the revisionary 'Tombstone'. Writing with panache and clean perception, he explores 27 key motion pictures, and attracts on creation notes, solid and team biographies, and the flicks’ box-office luck, to bare their position in western heritage.
D. W. Griffith (1875-1948) is without doubt one of the such a lot influential figures within the background of the movie. As director of The delivery of a country, he's additionally essentially the most arguable. He raised the cinema to a brand new point of paintings, leisure, and innovation, and even as he illustrated, for the 1st time, its power to steer an viewers and propagandize a reason.
This is often the 1st ebook on Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the preferred and seriously acclaimed director of movies akin to Amelie, Delicatessen, a really lengthy Engagement, Alien Resurrection, and town of misplaced kids. Having garnered either advertisement good fortune and important esteem in genres equivalent to technology fiction, myth, romantic comedy, and the conflict epic, Jeunet's paintings however engages with key features of French background and modern French tradition.
Don’t limit your artistic estate to at least one media channel. Make the fundamental jump to transmedia! From movie to tv to video games and past, Storytelling throughout Worlds provides the instruments to weave a story universe throughout a number of structures and meet the insatiable call for of today’s viewers for its favourite artistic estate.
- Gestures of Love: Romancing Performance in Classical Hollywood Cinema (SUNY series, Horizons of Cinema)
- Flickering Treasures
- World Film Locations: Reykjavík
- Federico Fellini: Painting in Film, Painting on Film
- Contemporary Film Music: Investigating Cinema Narratives and Composition
- American Cinema and the Southern Imaginary (The New Southern Studies)
Extra info for A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Thomas Leitch,Leland Poague