By David Krasner
A historical past of recent Drama: Volume II explores a amazing breadth of themes and analytical techniques to the dramatic works, authors, and transitional occasions and pursuits that formed global drama from 1960 via to the sunrise of the recent millennium.
- Features distinct analyses of performs and playwrights, studying the impact of a variety of writers, from mainstream icons resembling Harold Pinter and Edward Albee, to extra unorthodox works by way of Peter Weiss and Sarah Kane
- Provides worldwide assurance of either English and non-English dramas – together with works from Africa and Asia to the center East
- Considers the impact of paintings, track, literature, structure, society, politics, tradition, and philosophy at the formation of postmodern dramatic literature
- Combines wide-ranging subject matters with unique theories, overseas viewpoint, and philosophical and cultural context
Completes a entire two-part paintings interpreting glossy global drama, and along A historical past of recent Drama: Volume I, bargains readers whole assurance of an entire century within the evolution of world dramatic literature.
Read or Download A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000 PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Crime Fiction in German is the 1st quantity in English to provide a entire evaluation of German-language crime fiction from its origins within the early 19th century to its brilliant development within the new millennium. in addition to introducing readers to crime fiction from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the previous East Germany, the amount expands the concept of a German crime-writing culture by way of investigating Nazi crime fiction, Jewish-German crime fiction, Turkish-German crime fiction and the Afrika-Krimi.
"An notable literary paintings. The voices of family violence, movingly, and fantastically come to lifestyles with a marginally of romance. "-NDP journal He ideas with iron fists. And but, the lady who stocks his mattress sees even more than his depraved fingers. She thinks he has an angel's middle. Their youngest son, Violin, discovers very younger that there are aspects to like, unbridled devotion, and jealous rage.
Less than the daring banner of Narrative thought Unbound: Queer and Feminist Interventions, editors Robyn Warhol and Susan S. Lanser assemble a various spectrum of queer and feminist demanding situations to the idea and interpretation of narrative. the 1st edited assortment to carry feminist, queer, and narrative theories into direct dialog with each other, this anthology locations gender and sexuality on the middle of latest theorizing in regards to the creation, reception, types, and features of narrative texts.
In 2014, CCLaP cultural critic Chris Schahfer issued himself a frightening problem -- to learn and evaluation over a dozen books six hundred pages or longer, going way back to Don Quixote yet with a different emphasis on Postmodernist epics from the twentieth century. After a yr of publishing the consequences on the net, those essays have now ultimately been accrued in e-book shape, the place Schahfer's advanced interweaving of literary background can basically be obvious for the 1st time.
- Language and Literature for the IB MYP 2
- Counterblasting Canada: Marshall McLuhan, Wyndham Lewis, Wilfred Watson, and Sheila Watson
- Genesis, Structure, and Meaning in Gary Snyder's Mountains and Rivers Without End (Western Literature Series)
- Cultural Implications of Biosemiotics
- Certain Details: The Poetry of Nelson Ball (Laurier Poetry)
Extra resources for A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000
A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000 by David Krasner